This article is part of a series about scanning your mail with Private Box.
When you setup Automatic Scanning rules on the folders in your Private Box account, Private Box will scan new mail to PDF as it arrives, then upload it to your account. You will then receive an email notification that your mail has been scanned, and it is ready for you to login to your Private Box account to download and view.
To avoid the hassle of logging in to their account to view the scans, some people prefer to have the PDF scans attached to these email notifications.
Note that email is not 100% secure, hence why this is an optional extra and enabled on by default. There is some risk to emailing confidential documents, which is out of Private Box's control.
Sending Automatic Scans to Email
To have your PDF scans attached to your Auto-Scan notification emails, you will first need to have setup an Automatic Scanning rule for the folder(s) in your Private Box account. Then you can add an additional rule which forwards that PDF file via email to one or two email addresses.
Setting up Automatic Scans to Email rules
1. Log in to your Private Box account and navigate to the Rules tab in the Mailbox settings. You can find this here: https://secure.privatebox.co.nz/mailbox/rules
2. Under the "Folder Actions" heading click the "Add New Folder Rule" button
3. Choose the When mail "is scanned for" trigger
4. Next, choose the mail folder you wish to have mail scanned in
5. Then, select "Email to" as the action
6. Next, two fields for email addresses will appear. Fill at least one of these fields with the email address that you would like to receive the PDF scans. Note, this can be any email address & does not need to be the same as the main email address used for your Private Box account.
7. Finally, click the "Add Rule" button