All accounts with Private Box operate on a pre-paid balance. This means that you must have a payment system in place, and to have money loaded on to your account.
All rental and service fees will be taken out of this credit on their due dates (whether you have selected yearly or monthly rental), and any processing fees like mail scanning or mail forwarding will be deducted from your balance at the time of processing.
If your account does not have credit, we will be unable to scan or forward any mail for you until payment has been made to put your account back into a positive credit.
We have many options for making payment to Private Box, and you can read about those options here.
The preferred method of payment to Private Box is with a Credit Card saved to your account. Once your account goes below $0.00 then Private Box will take an automatic payment from your credit card to bring your account back into a positive balance.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that their credit card details are up to date, and also to remove the credit card details from your account if you wish for Private Box to stop processing automatic payments to that card.
If you ever need to close your account, Private Box will stop taking any payment from your Credit Card once closure is complete.
Information about our Pre-Paid service:
- We accept all major credit cards.
- We reserve the right to terminate any authority and require you to top up your account by an alternative method.
- Your account must be open for this authority to proceed. We will add payment of any overdue portion of your account to your credit card payment, if your account is overdue.
- You are responsible for updating your authority details with us when your credit card expires.
- You are responsible for updating your details when you change credit card issuers or receive a replacement credit card with a new card number.
- We will make any applicable refunds back to the same credit card that payment was made from.
- If your account is in a negative balance, you will be unable to have any mail processed until the account is brought back into a positive balance.
- We do not store unencrypted credit card details on our database. We use a security company to validate all credit card transactions.