What is Parcel Collect?
Parcel collect is a service by NZ Post, which despite the name, can used to collect any of your Private Box mail in New Zealand. The benefits of Parcel Collect are:
- 260+ collection locations in New Zealand (including post shops, supermarkets, petrol stations & bookstores)
- Fast - overnight target delivery
- Get alerts when your mail is ready for collection
- Tracking & insurance cover
You can send mail to a Parcel Collect location from within your Private Box account.
- Select the mail and Parcel Collect location then submit your mail forwarding request (steps are below)
- Private Box's team will process your request, and you'll receive an email with a tracking number
- Once the parcel arrives at the Parcel Collect location, you will recieve an email confirming it is ready to collect.
- Pick up your mail. Take your tracking number & photo ID and collect your mail.
Sending mail with Parcel Collect
Here is a video showing how to select your mail and Parcel Collect location in your Private Box account. Below are step-by-step instructions.
1. Select the items you wish to collect. Then click on the Parcel Collect button (it looks like a map pin)
Note you may be requested to allow the Private Box website to access your location. This will help the website to suggest the best location.
2. Pick the location that will work best for you and click the "Choose" button.
3. Confirm the Receivers Name & if you would like any additional mail added to this bundle should new mail arrive before the bundle is sent.
Note: The receiver will need to produce photo ID in order to pick up the item.
Once you have completed the steps above, and clicked the "Confirm" button, the mail will show as queued to be sent.
When the mail is sent to the Parcel Collect location you will receive an email from Private Box with the tracking number.