There are a number of ways to collect your Private Box mail in New Zealand:
- Collect your mail from the Private Box mailroom in Wellington
- Use the Parcel Collect service to collect your mail from 180 locations in New Zealand
- Order a Pickup via the Poste Restante service to collect your mail from participating Post Offices
- Order a Pickup and collect your mail from a Pack and Send outlet (Wellington & Christchurch only)
- Register for Counter Delivery at a participating Post Office and forward your mail there
Parcel Collect, Counter Delivery & Poste Restante - what is the difference?
Despite the name, it is not just for parcels. Parcel Collect is an NZ Post service which allows you to collect your mail from 180 participating retailers. Locations include NZ Post Retailers (these are often bookshops, pharmacies, dairies etc.), CourierPost Depots, participating Countdown supermarkets and Z Energy stations.
You can send mail to a Parcel Collect location from within your Private Box account. See How to use Parcel Collect.
Poste Restante is available at NZ Post offices. It is only available at select branches.
You can see which branches Poste Restante is available at on the NZ Post website. See How to order a pick up from an NZ Post PostShop with Poste Restante for information on how to do this in your Private Box account.
Some NZ Post Shops only offer counter delivery service which can only be set up by visiting the post office in person and registering.