Steps to set up your new telephone line
Setting up a phone line with your account is very easy - you just need to contact our support staff with your request for a new telephone line, and provide our staff with the following information:
1. What type of telephone line would you like?
Choose the line type you want – there are a few types to choose from:
- Regional (please select a calling region below)
- Tollfree (this is an 0800 number)
- Fax (please let us know the region for your fax number from the choices below)
Choose calling region – this is the area the customer wants the number to be from.
- Auckland (09)
- Wellington (04)
- Christchurch (03)
2. Let us know how you would like your telephone calls handled
We have a few options for what happens when someone calls your new phone number. Simply select the option that fits you the best.
- Phone calls go to a voice message which is then emailed to you at an email address you provide.
- Phone calls can immediately be transferred to another phone number anywhere in the world
- You can choose to set up an answer service where a live person will answer the call for you in your name or your company name. Please note: this option will incur additional charges for your telephone line, which you can read about here.
3. If you select the receptionist answering service option, please provide us with a short script we can give to the answering team.
A script helps our answering service know how to answer the calls for your company. We do note that they are not a call centre, so they cannot answer questions about your company or really discuss what you do.
What they can do, is take a message and send it to you to call the caller back, or transfer the caller to a phone number you specify. If you want them to transfer the caller to another number you specify - please provide us with the telephone number you want the calls transferred to.
The script should be no longer than 5 or 6 lines.
If we do not receive a script written by you, we will use a default script: "Thank you for calling *company name*. Can I please have your name and contact information, and I will pass a message to our team to get back in touch with you."