When Private Box is your Registered Office there are certain company records that you are required by law to keep at your Registered Office address.
It is possible to keep the some of your records at an overseas location. You need to notify the Companies Office you are doing so and also update the Address for Records section of your company registration.
To add an Address for Records please do the following:
- Find your company on the http://www.business.govt.nz/companies website
- Click 'maintain this company' (just under the company name). You will need to login.
- Click on the "Addresses" tab
- Click on "Update Details"
- Scroll to the bottom where it says Optional Addresses. You will see "Address for records: Add new address.."
- For overseas locations click the 'enter address manually' link. Be sure to fill out the description (including why these records are stored there).
- Click Use this Address to save